When we import Microsoft Project XML file to Primavera P6 / Run Update Baseline / Claim Digger, an error could appear with Event code: CNFFC- Message: Could not find file \bin\java.exe.
These are scenarios which can cause above error:
- There is no java.exe file in the \Primavera Common\]ava\jvm\bin directory
- The JAVA_HOME variable is set to an incorrect path or non-existing JRE
- A compatibility issue exists between P6 Professional and the installed version of Java
A version of the JRE (that is compatible with the version of P6 being used) must be installed, and the JAVA_HOME environment variable must be set properly.
- A Java JRE must be installed. It will located in a path similar to “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131”
- Copy the full path. For example: “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131”
- Click the Start menu. Type “Environment…” and click on “Edit the system environment variables”
- In the System Variables section, stroll through to see if there’s an existing JAVA_HOME variable. If so, highlight it then click the “Edit” button at the bottom; If not, click the ‘New’ button instead.
- If ‘New’ was clicked, for the Variable Name type JAVA_HOME (in all caps).
For Variable Value paste the path that was copied to the clipboard in Step 2.
- Click OK, then click OK again. Restart the computer for the change to take effect.
Leave a Reply